Wangaratta Art Show 2018 by the Rotary Club of Appin Park Wangaratta
The 45th Annual Wangaratta Art Show & Sale proudly sponsored by the Rotary Club of Appin Park Wangaratta. (Same weekend as Wangaratta Festival of Jazz & Blues)
We are pleased to invite all Artist to enter and Artists and art lovers to join us at the Gala Opening Night, Thursday 1 November 2018, where all prize winners will be announced and those attending will gain first option to purchase.
GALA OPENING BOOK NOW
Thursday 1 November 2018, 6pm at the Uniting Church Hall, Wangaratta. Gourmet canapés and your opportunity for first private access to purchasing artworks.
Thanks to very generous sponsorship the prizes for 2018 will total $7,750.00.
This is a non-aquisitive art show. Monetary awards will be made for the best work for each of the following sections:
- Section A – Oil or acrylic painting $3,000: sponsored by Fitweld Engineering plus friends of the Art Show
- Section B – Watercolour or Gouache painting $1,500: sponsored by Susan Benedyka and G&E Dinning
- Section C – Pattel Painting $1,000.00: sponsored by Ashley Furniture Home Store and Aggenbach Floors
- Section D – Work in any two-dimentional medium $500.00: sponsored by Charles Sturt University (other than Sections A, B, C and E) i.e. collage, textiles etc. not to excede 1m square.
- Section E – Drawing or Artists Print $500.00: sponsored by R & M Gibb
- Section F – Black & White Photography $500.00: sponsored by Garry Nash & Company
- Section G – Young Artist Award $250.00 Voucher: Open to Wangaratta VCE Students – sponsored by Wangaratta Picture Framers
- Creative Excellence Award – $250: sponsored by Webb Cabinets. Selected from above sections. Work of art in any medium that demonstrates outstanding creativity.