The Festival, known as the Rotary Club of Wangaratta WANG LIT FEST & BOOK FAIR, aims to promote literature and literacy for all ages across our community.
The project was launched in 2017 as the Rotary Club of Wangaratta Book Fair and has inspired involvement from many other organisations and ‘Friends of Rotary’ throughout the Rural City of Wangaratta. The 2018 WANG LIT FEST & BOOK FAIR now includes:
- Rotary Club of Wangaratta Book Fair – ‘From the Community to the Community’ – Rotary Wangaratta
- Wangaratta Young Writers Awards – Rotary Wangaratta and the Wangaratta Library
- Visiting author presentations and writers workshop – Wangaratta Arts Council
- ‘Once Upon a Story’ children’s presentations and workshops – Goulburn & North East Artists Alliance (GANEAA)
- Book sculpture workshops and artists installation project – GANEAA
- Multicultural Workshops for young writers and parents reading to grandparents with English as a second language – North East Multicultural Society (NEMA)
- Life Stories – St John’s Village
- Retro Café – Wangaratta Country Women’s Association
Book Storage Space
Storage space was becoming a major problem for the project until the kind intervention of local business people:
- A permanent storage space offered by Wangaratta Woollen Mills will enable us to store up to 100,000 books, all required handling equipment such as pallets, boxes, trollies, pallet lifters and the Rotary Community BBQ Trailer and Community Bus.
- A shop space coordinated by Morris Real Estate.
Interested in getting involved?
The WANG LIT FEST & BOOK FAIR project welcomes everyone’s involvement so please Contact Us if you have any ideas, time, books and support to offer.